Monday, February 7, 2011

Hey, my name is Amanda! I am a super senior at Salem State graduating finally this May. History and Education are my two majors.  I've always known since I was little that I wanted to become a teacher, although at the time I did not know exactly what grade I wanted to teach. Once I came to Salem State, five years ago, I realized I wanted to teach middle school. Everyone that I tell that I want to teach middle school say I'm crazy and that it's the worst age to teach. But I disagree. I've substituted in middle schools in Lynn (where I am from) and I absolutely loooove it!! It feels right, haha. I mean of course I haven't had perfect behaving children, but that's expected in every grade. I just can not wait to have my own classroom and to see students faces when they learn something new!

A few things about myself...I love to sleep! hang with my friends and with my boyfriend. I love the beach and driving aimlessly in the summer blasting music, which I can not wait for. I currently work at a hospital, which is an educational and interesting job. People tend to think that because I work at a hospital I am going to school to become a nurse, which is not true obviously, I just took a job to make money! Well enjoy my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment